So we came back today today to the town of Choma after spending 8 days in the village of Simwaanda. It was such an awesome experience which I will be sure to update much more extensively when I have more time once I am back in the states. Some highlights are as followed...
-Successfully started a savings and credit association
-Cut a chickens head off
-Scared a small child who had never seen a white person before (unintentionally of course)
-Harvested corn
-Experience 8 days of life how the majority of people in the world live
-Killed, skinned, and gutted a goat.
-Met some great people
- and learned so many things
I'm so thankful for my experience that I had in the bush. I will never forget my time there. God has been so good to me and our entire time. None of us got sick in the bush, which in itself was a huge blessing.
This will most likely be my last update while still in Zambia. Tomorrow will be a day of relaxation and documenting our trip. Friday we are going to visit macha hospital to drop off some things that we were asked to bring and also go to the village of Simaubi to visit the associations that were started last year. Saturday we are heading to Livingstone for the day to go to a game park and to see Victoria falls. Sunday we will travel to Lusaka and then finally on monday we will be travelling back home to the states.
Thank you for all of the prayers, they are so appreciated and we have felt the effects of them in the blessings we have been receiving as well as pouring out into those we have been in contact with. Please continuing praying for the remainder of the trip.
Thank you all so much...
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I don't think I could chop off a chicken's head. Or gut a goat...but then never say never...
ReplyDelete